Throughout this site, the terms “we”, “us”, “our”, and “LongIslandPetPages.com” refer to LongIslandPetPages.com. “You”, “shelter”, and “member” refers to any animal shelter, rescue, organization and/or person accessing and/or using this website to list adoptable pets.
SHELTER MEMBER TERMS
LongIslandPetPages.com offers a free service for local animal shelters, rescue organizations and other agencies involved in rehoming and caring for adoptable pets. LongIslandPetPages.com’s mission is to end the euthanasia of adoptable pets by providing a successful, targeted platform to share your pets online.
LongIslandPetPages.com offers web site publishing capability to enable subscribers to become part of the online community. LongIslandPetPages.com regards such sites as part of the LongIslandPetPages.com service and will enforce its community guidelines for member-created web pages.
LongIslandPetPages.com considers all areas of LongIslandPetPages.com, including FTP accounts and email folders, as “public”. As such, any file, program, or material placed in these areas, including, but not limited to, web pages, pictures, videos, documents, sound files, message boards, chat rooms, scripts etc. are accessible to LongIslandPetPages.com and associates. By submitting content in these public areas, you grant to LongIslandPetPages.com the absolute right to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, etc. the content in any part, anywhere.
The following requirements must be maintained for all LongIslandPetPages.com member accounts, including but not limited to homepages and pet lists:
- The Shelter Code of Conduct (below) for members must be followed.
- The member’s LongIslandPetPages.com pet list must be kept up to date.
- 501(c)(3) non-profit status is not required for membership with LongIslandPetPages.com. However, members must be legitimately operating as an animal shelter, rescue or adoption organization (large or small), and post your adoptable pets in a not-for-profit manner. Breeding animals specifically for the for-profit pet trade, encouraging the public to buy pets for breeding, auctioning or selling pets for profit is prohibited.
- Member profiles cannot auto-forward to a page/site outside of LongIslandPetPages.com and must contain a link to the associated Pet List. The page must contain enough information that a potential adopter can learn about the member, the member’s adoption policies/fees/steps, etc., and be able to contact the member, without leaving the member’s LongIslandPetPages.com home page. Any links to pages outside LongIslandPetPages.com must be below the organization header, name and pet list links and should open in a new browser window. Auto pop-up windows to other pages/sites and/or auto-downloading software (such as but not limited to hotbar, comet cursor, etc.) are not allowed.
- Member-created profiles and content shall not promote or advertise any competitor of LongIslandPetPages.com, and/or any LongIslandPetPages.com sponsor. What constitutes a competitor and a sponsor will be determined at the sole discretion of LongIslandPetPages.com.
- No advertising or links to pages outside LongIslandPetPages.com are allowed on Pet Profile pages in any fashion.
- HTML should not be used in the Animal Description area of Pet Profile pages. Because we may share your pets on other web sites that do not support HTML, the code itself may appear, making your profiles difficult to read.
- Eligibility for membership with LongIslandPetPages.com is determined at the sole discretion of LongIslandPetPages.com.
SHELTER CODE OF CONDUCT
Each LongIslandPetPages.com member plays an integral role in the mission of increasing pet adoption and decreasing euthanasia. Maintaining a good reputation for pet adoption is a responsibility we all carry to help all pets find loving homes. We ask that each LongIslandPetPages.com member adheres to a basic Code of Conduct, ensuring pet adoption is a positive and rewarding experience for LongIslandPetPages.com visitors and adopters and to promote a community experience within our membership.
Being a LongIslandPetPages.com member means that you agree to the following Code of Conduct:
- To actively maintain a listing of your organization’s adoptable pets on LongIslandPetPages.com.com.
- To only post adoptable pets once and only those directly from your organization in the location where they are currently being fostered or sheltered.
- To give truthful information about the pets’ description, to the best of you knowledge and to remove pets no longer adoptable from the shelters adoptable pet list.
- To post only adoptable pets, not pets or items for sale, pets for breeding purposes or pets not allowed by law.
- To operate in a not-for-profit manner, even if you do not have official non-profit status.
- To maintain a basic home page on LongIslandPetPages.com.com, giving visitors more information about you shelter or organization and what you do.
- To reply to questions from the public in a timely and respectful manner, without requiring an upfront fee or application process.
- To reply to questions from the LongIslandPetPages.com staff in a timely and respectful manner.
- Not to post disparaging information on LongIslandPetPages.com.com about other organizations, individuals, LongIslandPetPages.com. Because LongIslandPetPages.com is a family web site, content must be suitable to be viewed by visitors of all ages. Profanity and slander are prohibited.
- You warrant that you do not have any animal welfare related citations, violations or crimes or other convictions that prohibit you from using the internet or social media sites.
- You agree that deviation from the Code of Conduct or Terms and Conditions may be grounds for my organization’s removal from LongIslandPetPages.com.com.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In addition to the above, you are subject to and agree to our general website Terms and Conditions.